Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Unexpected Tragedy

On Sunday March 8th, my little brother Nathan took his life. He was twenty years old. Although this has been one of the most challenging times I have had to face in this life, I have felt so much support and love from our Father in Heaven. I know that Nathan is in a better place now and that he will not have to feel the sorrow of depression that he struggled with in this life. I feel so happy that I had Nathan for the time I did. He was compassionate. He was fearless. He was the firecracker at the end. There are days that my heart aches for a "Nathan Hug". But, I do not feel despair. I feel Hope. I feel Hope because I know that this is why our Savior did what He did.

2 comments:

Maria Johansen said...

I am so sorry to hear that. You are very right that he is in a better place. He can now deal with and understand the horrid emotions and thought processes that go with depression.

Katrina Witt said...

Im so sad to hear about your brother. Thanks for sharing.