Friday, March 22, 2013

Planning for a Natural Birth


The good thing about self-employment insurance is that it has an extremely high deductible for maternity.  So, this time, since we are paying cash anyways, I get to deliver my baby the way I want to.  Let's hope all goes well.  For the last 4 pregnancies, I have delivered my babies in a hospital.  I still tried to keep as natural as possible.  I didn't use pain medicine or epidurals.  Each experience improved and the last was as good as it could have possibly been in a hospital.  But, I just want it to be more sacred.  This time, I am planning for a water birth.  I will have a midwife, birth assistant, and Joe.  Labor is hard.  I cannot lie.  It hurts, A LOT.  But, I am confident in my body's ability.  I think being a woman is so cool.  We get to experience something so remarkable.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

You are amazing. I don't know if I could do natural. I have always wanted to do a water birth but after having kidney stones and back labor I wanted to die. Good luck! You are brave!

Unknown said...

Oh, I probably would reconsider if I had back labor. I think that everyone should do whatever works for them. It's kind of like running a marathon for me. I just like the way I feel at the end stretch.